Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6th - Leaves

Here's today's shot, some leaves of a plant at a friend's house. I just liked the way the light was hitting it from the window behind me, although I wish my camera could have done a better job:

Here are a few bonus shots from the fair yesterday:
This one shows the "grown up" ferris wheel at the other end of the fair (circled in red), as taken from the "little kid" ferris wheel, which is the one we rode:

This one shows the golf course that is behind the fairgrounds, and I'm showing this one since there was a comment that our area was so "green" and I wanted to show just how green! I love my peninsula!


This one shows the ferris wheel we rode, from ground level:


And, last but not least, this one is my daughters entry that won first place and got us a VIP parking pass, 4 tickets to the fair, and 12 ride tickets. Plus she won a ribbon, too. :) I removed her name from the label and put in "first place!" Oh, I should specify that she didn't draw the flower, only colored it.

6 comments:

Buff said...

The sidelighting does give a pretty effect to the plant. Nice capture! Thanks also for including more shots of the fair, and of the green landscape beyond! Your daughter's picture is terrific. Congrats on the win!

Anonymous said...

Those plants are amazing how they keep growing. I can see what attracted you to the shot even with your camera phone.
essjaynz

kimbomac said...

Well done to your daughter, and congrats for some fabulous fair shots.

Your leafy shot is wonderful. The shadowy shapes of the leaves against the wall look great. Well done.

Andromeda5000 said...

Please con gratulate your daughter for me. From what I can tell by where the big ferris wheel is and the smaller one is, the fair is abso0lutely massive!!

Duckinabunker said...

The shadows from the plant are beautiful. nice find, great photo.

givmemo said...

Your phone takes great pictures! The plant is nice and sharp and I love the ferris wheel shot!